Thursday 3 January 2013

Sir Anthony Hopkins as Alfred Hitchcock

One of the many films I'm dying to see this year as a makeup artist is 'Hitchcock'. Sir Anthony Hopkins alone makes this a must-see for me, you don't get to be a 'Sir' for making rubbish films. But the part that really grabs my attention is the fact Howard Berger is crating the prosthetic makeup.

For years now, I have admired Berger's work, so much so I wrote a uni essay about his career. He's transformed people into a variety of creatures from the horrors of "The Hills Have Eyes" to the fantasies of "The Chronicles of Narina: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe".

This article from Co.Create gives a really good insight into the challenges a makeup artist can come across whilst working on a film. The video at the end is definitely worth a watch if you're interested in seeing the application process of the makeup.

http://www.fastcocreate.com/1682054/see-how-anthony-hopkins-was-transformed-into-alfred-hitchcock#6

It's an obvious watch for me this year, hope you all enjoy it, let me know what you think if you get a chance to see it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment