Monday 15 July 2013

Depotting Lipsticks

It's a known fact that I own far too many lipsticks within my own makeup kit and my professional kit so I have decided to depot them rather than having them all lying around willy nilly. I decided to keep the more expensive ones in their original packaging as its far too pretty to throw away so the ones included here are only the budge ones. 

I have read a lot of reviews where people either melt the lipstick on a spoon over a candle or put the lipstick into the chosen palette and then microwave. I decided on the spoon over a candle method as I've heard bad things with microwaving and damaging the colours.

I began with my palette which is a bead box from Hobbycraft, get it here. You can put these in the microwave as there are no metal parts so they're great for both methods and really good value. 

This is a really easy way to depot lipstick, simply melt the lipstick on a spoon and pour into the individual compartments! Simple! Here's a few piccys to help you along, excuse the bright green mat...

Simple tools...

The first one...

Melt slowly so you don't burn the lippy...

Finished for today with spaces left for more buys...


How do you store your lipsticks? Will you be depotting your lippys?

X







No comments:

Post a Comment