Thursday 3 January 2013

My Cookery Journey 1

Hello!

With it being Thursday, today was my designated evening to cook for myself and my parents. This week I chose a Steak Pie from "Maw Broon's But an' Ben Cookbook". Now this is quite an adventurous thing for me as I've not tried to cook anything other than pasta and rice before, but think a steak pie is a great receptive to be familiar with especially if you're cooking for a lot of people.

This is a great cookbook and makes me think of the home cooked delights I used to get at my Grandma's in Sunderland when I was a kid. The recipes are really easy to follow and it had a load of great conversion tables and charts in the front few pages. I'd definitely consider giving this book as a gift as the illustrations throughout add to the delight.

For my pie, I used Sainsburys Pre Rolled Puff Pastry and in all honestly it's probably the nicest I've had. I'm not usually a big pastry fan but I actually went back for seconds.

A simple, relatively cheap dish to make for a lovely winter warmer for the whole family. I absolutely adore this recipe and will definitely make it again.

X







No comments:

Post a Comment